My Lost Decade

Reflections on Ten Years in Foster Care and my life since.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's been a while...

Working too much...blogging too little, c'est la vie. Hopefully that will improve soon.

I did get to go home this weekend to see my mom and my foster family. It was a good visit. I am crocheting a blanket for my best friend's baby and there was a brief moment when my bio mom thought I was pregnant, so I had to explain that to her, but other than that, nothing to report with her really. I looked into becoming her guardian a week or two ago and it would cost me $500! Needless to say, I do not have that kind of money. I am thinking a program to pay for guardianship expenses would be a good thing to incorporate into my non-profit someday. I cannot be the only child of a disabled adult out there. There must be other people in my shoes.

My foster mom and I have been getting along better since I got married. I do not know if she needed that milestone to help her realize that I am not a kid anymore or what, but she has been treating me more like a competent adult and I am not the only one who is noticing. My foster dad said something about it too.

Better get going...I need to leave for work pretty soon. I will try to blog more later this week, although, if this week goes anything like last week, it probably won't happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home